What I learned is this.
- I don't feel well physically when I am not eating plant-based
- I don't feel well mentally, either
- Gluten is not my friend, and I need to avoid it
- It is far too easy to fall back into old habits when eating typical American junk food (see Doug Lisle's The Pleasure Trap)
- Salty, fatty foods are a trigger for me, and once I eat them, it is hard to get back on track
I am busy reminding myself why I chose to eat plants in the first place. I do it because eating animal products is not good for me, it isn't good for the planet, and it is most definitely not good for the animals.
I am rededicating myself to my healthy eating. When I eat just plants, I feel energized. I am now more than half-way to my weight loss goal, having lost 46 pounds, and I would like to get the remaining weight off by the end of the year.
So today, I'm heading back to my Happy Herbivore meal plans, am going to keep it simple.